Time ~ Sandi Thom

Not too fast. Slow down will ya. I can't catch up. That's me talking to "technology" sometimes when i am on them puters.

Sometimes i am technologic+ally Challenged when i am asked questions by dad. And its always about his gadgets.

My dad is one of the luckier ones. He has a gameboy, an ipad and lately a smartphone. As some of you might know, i am usually ipad challenged and i hate touchscreen gadgets. My paws.. i mean my fingers are not touchy screen friendly. But its the technology (says my uncle who just burn the motherboard on his new samsung phone). We have to embrace technology. Don't ask me how he did broke his phone. *LOL* Seriously the phone is still quite new to be broken.

I work on the computers very long hours but that does not mean i know everything.. or maybe i should. When my dad goes for a nap, usually i go through his ipad and reset some stuffs for him. Sometimes i take his phone and twiddle somethings. I don't usually tell him what i did. *LOL*

He has a friend who lives just within shouting distance. He can holler from his house and we can hear him.. and he can even use our wifi as we are quite near. When old folks get together, they usually talk about politics... and more polictics.. and aches.. and new pain or technology. The latter one is usually the troublemaker.

Sometimes his friend will scoot over to our house... and he'll show my dad his ipad... hey.. see this.. i got this and this. Does your ipad have this and this? Oooohh... why your ipad don't have this and this... i have this and this. Ask your daughter to put in the this and this for you.

That usually brews more headache for me. His friend will leave with a smirk on his face feeling very proud of himself. My dad will come to me and ask me the 101 technology challenged questions. Why does uncle's ipad have this and this? How come i don't have that? Why?

The next day, his friend will blare some old songs from his house on his speakers... very very loudly. Then his friend will scoot on over. Hey... did you hear the song i just played? Do you like it? here.. lemme give it to you. (that's the nice part of the friendship) This uncle is generous with his songs. Then he'll tell my dad... did u hear it nice and clear? I got this new speakers. Come on over and i'll show you. Next minute you know, my dad will come back with the exact new speakers from the shops.

Just now, his friend came over again. He was going.. hey... my wife just reset my ipad for me. Now its really fast. Faster than a speeding bullet. Why is your ipad so slow? Why is the line so slow here? I come to show you this new thing i just learnt. See.. my ipad got this... and it can do this. It even has the e-newspapers. The whole paper. Don't you know how to download? You don't know the password? Ask your daughter to do it for you. Then i hear them whispering... She doesn't know how? Are you sure? Yes yes.. my other daughter bought this for me. This daughter don't know how to use the ipad. Are you sure? Dang! I hear trouble brewing in lil old China again.

Sharing is Caring. I am glad that he comes by sometimes to share his knowledge with my dad. Else my dad will have nothing much on his ipad and no new speakers. :)

My dad doesn't really know what kind of work i do here. *LOL* He only sees me typing furiously sometimes... sometimes with a scrunched up face. Sometimes talking to some alien on the headphone. Sometimes cooking in the kitchen. Sometimes he wonders if i actually do work for someone. *LOL* He probably thinks i work for the secret service. hehehhehehehehe

There's this thing that i've been looking at this past week about building websites to be more responsive. Responsive layouts and design techniques so that the sites will look great on desktops or mobiles... be it big mobiles like ipads or little ones like smartphones. How many of our websites are responsive to this change?

This website is not changed yet to be responsive :) We will work on that later. Imagine what we can do or can't do.. hahahaha

AhhHHHH... the new addiction. After being a teevee junkie for the past week, we got bored of all the teevee and their glaring lights. Even Dommy breathe a sigh of relief. He was jumping up and down with glee and even held on to my legs with his two front paws. Oh... that was when he is usually excited we are going for walkies.

We have been reading a lot lately. That's our new addiction for the time being till we get a new one. We read from labels in the loo to books upon books from the many that i have acquired but never got to reading them. Teevee really screws me up on time. I am mesmerised by the bright lights and big sounds. It just numbing.

Our dear friends Tsar and Fred has gone to the rainbow bridge. Running free and am free from all the pain and aches. Both their passing did make me worry a lot. Dommy is not exactly a very young pup. He's gonna be 10 soon. Sometimes when i look at him i feel kinda worried and sad.

I have dogs all my life while growing up but they were never this close to me. Sitting beside me and being just the heartbeat at my feet. He sleeps with me... he is with me when i work... he is with me when i eat.. He is always beside me. Never leaves me. What will happen when he does leave one day.

Before that day comes, i guess we should enjoy each other's time and go for more walkies!

smelling them flowers

leaving me mails

 i smell fooooooooooddd... nommmieeee

 dang! i got pulled away from free food

i do have a cute bee+hind

 this black rubber hose spooked my silly cow... she thought it was a snake... *BOL*

i need a drink

 rainy days are nice to snooze

We are currently reading this :) 
My cow bought it because she wanted to know what the dog saw...

Adios amigos. Till the next addiction :)

10 woofs:

georgia little pea said...

Girl, you're sounding sad or maybe just a little down. Cheer up bunny. That song is way more sentimental than my 3 ;) at least mine are SEXY!

Technology is changing too fast for my liking. Just when I settle into one format, it changes again. Spent all day re-doing my iPhone playlists since they all disappeared with the new computer. Argh.

We all worry about losing our dogs. That's why it's so nice to have the blogs. One day, we'll be able to see/read about their lives right here, and appreciate it all. As for your new addiction - its a pretty good one. Please tell us what the dog saw as soon as you find out.

Give Dommy a big hug for me x

The Daily Pip said...

My assistant's dad doesn't even know what an ipad is! LOL!! Seriously, he doesn't!

Dommy is going to be around for a LONG time so don't you worry! I love the pictures of his fun walkies!

Your pal, Pip

Sandee said...

Getting old isn't for sissies. Just saying.

Dom is lucky to have you to be with all the time. You love him deeply and he knows it too.

Have a terrific weekend. :)

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

Definitely more walks! We don't even use a mobile phone....much. Just have an old pre-paid that we take on long trips...in case...

Technology is passing us by. We only use the computer and does what it tells us to do.

So happy your dad has such a good friend close by.

XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

Ann said...

The older I get the more I seem to like all the high tech gadgets :)
More walkies while our furbabies are with is sounds like a perfect way to spend the days

bichonpawz said...

I am the same as you...changing addictions from time to time! I do love my ipad...and at the moment am involved in some new art projects! I haven't had much time to read lately, though I do enjoy it! Let me know how that book is!! Dommy is only 10 and really, for small dogs, that is kind of young! Long walks sound good!! xo Jeanne ... mama to Chloe and LadyBug

Anonymous said...

Hiya Anny

Just download "Press Display" through itunes for the Ipad.

Lots of e-newspapers there including the ones from Malaysia. Dad can flip it just like a real printed copy.

Bad thing is u need to subscribe (USD10/mth) to fully read the pages or else u will only get the front page and Dad will bug u summore.

Stormy..

Jon Terry said...

Reading your post about your dad and his kind friends who are always sharing just make me laugh..coz tat happens to us too and mommy will get headaches from all these "kind" sharing sessions..lol

We love Dommy's walkies pics :D Don't think too much about things which we have no control over just do more things which we have more control of like taking Dommy out more for more walkies ^^

Previously you mentioned about Dr. Brida, were you thinking about setting an appointment with her?

Thanks for your encouragement, appreciate it alot!

Love ya,
Jon Terry

Anonymous said...

welcome to my berry own blog from sunny jeddah in saudi arabia..

www.jeddahalleycats.com

yuki and rocket said...

dont even think about that rainbow bridge dommy! you're a small dog, so you have years ahead of you! i am sad about your friends though!

p.s. we love jumping on mom's ipad, liking things on facebook she never liked or commenting incoherent things on comment boards....he he he

yuki and rocket

top