Do you love the sound of the waves? Hypnotic? Calming?

I love the sound of the waves. When i get to the seaside, all i actually do is sit on the beach and listen. I can sit there the whole day and get a huge dark tan :) Sitting there whole nights work for me too... if i don't get washed away by the high tide.. hehehe

When you are really tense and stressed, best place to be is the seaside. Get some sand between those toes and some sun on yourself works wonders. Hopefully, i'll catch some waves soon during the coming holidays :)

Clouds and Waves

Mother, the folk who live up in the clouds call out to me
"We play from the time we wake till the day ends.
We play with the golden dawn, we play with the silver moon."
I ask, "But how am I to get up to you ?"
They answer, "Come to the edge of the earth, lift up yourhands to the sky, and you will be taken up into the clouds."
"My mother is waiting for me at home, "I say, "How can I leave her and come?"
Then they smile and float away.

But I know a nicer game than that, mother.
I shall be the cloud and you the moon.
I shall cover you with both my hands, and our house-top will be the blue sky.

The folk who live in the waves call out to me
"We sing from morning till night; on and on we travel and knownot where we pass."
I ask, "But how am I to join you?"
They tell me, "Come to the edge of the shore and stand with your eyes tight shut, and you will be carried out upon the waves."
I say, "My mother always wants me at home in the everything-how can I leave her and go?"
They smile, dance and pass by.

But I know a better game than that.
I will be the waves and you will be a strange shore.
I shall roll on and on and on, and break upon your lap with laughter.
And no one in the world will know where we both are.

~ Rabindranath Tagore

6 woofs:

bem69 said...

I agree, being by the seaside is really very calming, you tend to forget about your problems if you just lie down on the beach. Just got back from PD, but the heat was intense this time around, it was more stressful than calming heheh.

Anny-way, you got an award!
http://bem69.blogspot.com/2009/05/one-lovely-award.html

booahboo said...

Glad u had a great time in PD even though it was work :) The heat was really intense this past week.. i couldn't get much done in the afternoon.. cos it was just too warm. I could imagine the heat if ur out on the beach.

thanks for the award Bem :)

baincardin said...

bain luvs waves very much! when i came back frm langkawi, habis semua kulit terbakar! n it needs time to recover :) ee.....

booahboo said...

seronok kan at the beach Bain.. and u have so many days at the beach.. best sungguh!
i bet ur all burnt out by now... hope u'll recover back before kahwin.. hehehe

Hobbes said...

I used to live by the sea, that was a long time ago and I must say that it really is calming ... I wish I was living by the seaside again now though ...

booahboo said...

a childhood by the sea must be really wonderful.. u could even build sandcastles every single day! how cool is that :D
mebbe when ur older and kiddos are outta the nest, u and mrs spiff can move and live by the seaside again :) growing old gracefully...

top