Today is Jean's birthday... and today is All Soul's Day too. My mom is Jean. She would be 66 today.

2nd of November used to bring a lot of significance to us. Lot of fanfare and cake. There's always cake.
Now it just leaves our hearts empty.

Mummy's at the rainbow bridge now. Waiting for the rest of us.
God takes her home because he loves her so.

My mom is beautiful. So beautiful.
My mom is soft-spoken and kind.
My mom is gentle with a heart of gold.
My mom is never unkind.
My mom is an artist who paints lovely waterfalls.
And my mom teaches me that empty vessels makes the most noise... when i giggled too much too often with my sisters.

A mother's love is like no other love. A mother's love is bigger than a mountain doubled.
A mother's love will never be gone, cos a mother's love is within you and always with you.

Don't forget to tell your mom you love her.
Don't forget to hold her hands when you talk.
Don't forget to give her a foot rub once in a while.
Don't forget to buy her a nice dress for tomorrow.
Don't forget to visit her often if you dun stay with her anymore.
Don't forget to call her when you are happy.
Don't forget to call her when you are free.
Don't forget to call her even when you are busy.
And never forget to celebrate her life.

If i could have one more day with my mom. (not given)
I wish i could have done much better and tried harder. (forgiven)
I wish i didn't think that my mom will be around forever. (too late)
I think i got conned by God. He just took her away suddenly one day.

We are only human. We make mistakes. Sometimes we think that there will be a forever... sometimes we think we have time like a bottomless pit with our loved ones.

Make time for our love ones.
Spend time.
Be there for them.
And live life with no regrets.

Happy Birthday Mummy. We'll see you tomorrow. Don't forget.
May your soul rest in peace and may all the angels in heaven sing you a wonderful song today.

p/s: I think all dogs go to heaven too. Some people say, dogs have no soul.
I think some humans, even with souls forget they have a heart.

2 woofs:

Anonymous said...

A Mother's Love

A Mother's love is something
that no one can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,

It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away . . .even if no more with us each day

It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heart is breaking

It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems . . .

It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation . .

A many splendoured miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand.

So be blessed of the love that your mom gave, even if its more time that you crave, for a mom's love never goes away...all you got to do is just pray

Celebrate her living and forgive her leaving, for when the time comes for each of us, its just a home coming at last.

Happy Birthday Mom..you are the best of us.

Anonymous said...

Never Alone

I feel you in the morning
When at first I awake
Your thought is with me
With each decision I make

You'd been around forever
Since the first breath I took
Now I have to go on alone
But for love, I need not look

Cause by what you bestowed
In our short time together
Will last in my heart
Forever and ever

Although you've left
And now walk above
I'm never alone
I'm wrapped in your love

Enjoy now your long waited reward
Feel peace that your love continues on
What was taught to me, will be taught to mine
Cause you live on in me even after you've gone

By Rodney Belcher...

top