Hello peeps. A week away from the computer is pretty stressful *LOL* Not any computer but my own computer. I did meet a couple of other computers who didn't quite meet my "standards". I am pretty lost without my own stuffs the way i tuned them. Guess i am just too set in my ways.

I went to pick my computer up yesterday morning when i came home from a part working holiday in Kuala Lumpur :) With a silly grin (yes.. my computer makes me grin), i plug my system on and what greeted me was BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP. I went NoooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo.. kinda like the end of the world thingy in movies *LOL* It wasn't quite hilarious then because some people were waiting for me to send some work to them. On and off and on and off... same beeping sounds. Darn!

Off i went with a very angry face back to the shop. Even my dad and Dom were moving aside when they see me storming out of my room with the CPU under my arm. *LOL* I heard my dad said... drive slowly ah. When i am angry, i usually drive like a crazy fool. Some people would know. Its worse when i have a brown paper bag with me. But that's another story for some other day.

By the time i reached the shop... i have cooled down. Slowly i told the shop manager... it is beeping again. He was apologetic and said he will test it again. Off i went on home and informed my office that i am computerless again. I probably would be fired soon if this is beginning to be a norm. It is a good thing i work with another colleague on things. Both of us sort of support each other when one is down. So the whole workload went off to her side. Poor woman was up to her nose in work. She kept asking me... when is your computer coming back. *LOL*

Bright and early today, i called the shop again. The manager said, when we tested your system yesterday, there was no BEEP at all. He tried everything and there was still no BEEP. He explained he cannot change the motherboard if its not faulty as its company policy to only replace things that are problematic. I turn a bit yellow and green.. and pale. Then i ask him.. what now? He said.. you got to wait until the next time it beeps.. then you call support from your home and let them listen to the beep. If they cannot solve it online, then they will change it for you. Meaning problem not solved.

I went to pick up my un-BEEP CPU which was probably rolling on the floor laughing at me. I swear it was grinning at me for pulling such a joke on me. But the shop manager was sweet. He still carried my CPU for me to my car both times. Such a gentleman. He was apologetic. He was just doing his job. I can't be mad at him.

Well... this is a few hours of un-BEEPness :) I don't know if my computer will decide to BEEP or un-BEEP on me tomorrow. But hopefully we'll get a beep to get it sorted out soon. Intermittent BEEPs are pretty annoying.

10 woofs:

Ann said...

Computers sure know how to make us crazy. I went a couple weeks without mine and couldn't stand it

Bella Roxy & Macdui said...

They NEVER beep when they're in the shop!

XXXOOO Daisy, kendra & Bella

houndstooth said...

Good luck avoiding the dreaded beeps!

Spiffy said...

beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beeeeeeppppp, beeeepppppppppp ... LOL!

Spiffy said...

Aiyaaa, don't you know that once you bring something that is spoilt or faulty to the shop of origin, it will ALWAYS work fine.

Just do what I do when things start acting up, I threaten to throw them of the Penang bridge and normally they start working fine again ... hahaha!

Urmmm ... beep, beep, beep, beep, beep ...

*runs and hides*

booahboo said...

Computers do make me grin and crazy sometimes Ann.. but if i don't need it for work.. i rather play with Dommy :)

booahboo said...

You are so right. The NEVER beep when they're in the shops! Wonder of wonders :D

booahboo said...

I kinda hoping the beep will come soon Bunny.. so that we can get it settled once and for all when the warranty is still alive :D

booahboo said...

aparaaa.. buat apa you berbeepings pulaks Spiffy.

booahboo said...

Even my dad says the same thing.. the computers seem to have a mind of their own.. *LOL* They get afraid when they go into the shops.

Penang bridge ka? but why Penang bridge la? Penang only brings nice memory of food and holidays.. not computer dumping ground.. *LOL*

4 beeps la.. not 5

top