Why do dogs age so much faster than us? Why do they have to add 7 years to their birthdays each year. The average lifespan of a dog is probably about 12 - 15 years +-.

My dad came back from his walks the other day and related a story he heard from a neighbour's son. The neighbour's son told my dad that his father is devastated when their dog passed on. The dog was a constant companion to the old man. When the old man is at home, the dog follows him everywhere. When he comes home, the dog follows him upstairs and stayed by his side most of the time. He was the best friend and the only thing that made him smile after the wife passed away.

When the dog finally went to the rainbow bridge, the old man was devastated. The son told my dad that the old man did not even cry so much when his wife passed away.

Dommy is constantly by my side. He sleeps in his own chair and bed in our room. Sometimes he crawls under the bed and hide there when the day is warmer. The slightest sound will send him running out to check the situation and secure the house... hehhehehee.. He is a wonderful guard dog too. He might look cute but he can pack a big bite if you dare to tread over his protected lines.

Dommy loves my dad too as he takes him for walks in the evenings. But he is a traitor because soon after his walks, he will promptly comes back to me.. hahahahahaha Dad says he's getting his own dog.

The longest i was away from Dom was 3 weeks when i went to visit Jai last year. 3 weeks is a long time for both of us to be apart. I never knew i would missed him so much. I guess i missed him more than any other member of my family.. *LOL* I think that's perfectly normal as i spend most of my time with him.

When we were at the Dogathon 2009 with my whole family, he would still stick by my side even though he was pretty excited and happy to see so many doggies in one place. I've never seen him so happy in the entire 3 years that he is with us. His doggie smiles were huge and wide. He was making friends here and there and everywhere. Even though he was excited and happy, he was always looking out and coming back to be by my side. I guess i was his pet and he had to make sure i was safe. How cool is that. He makes a wonderful friend.

To own a dog, we must make time for them. Play with them and understand them. They can't speak. But if you take the time to understand them, they do give u hints and signs.

A poodle is a pretty intelligent creature. He was given to us when he was 4. It took him a while to settle into our household. But all of us grew to love him a lot. He was just one of the ones that just changed your life completely.

As a child and being asthmatic, i was never allowed to play with our dogs. Our dogs stayed in their big dog house in the yard. Its even a two room doghouse.. It was big. I wasn't even allowed to be near them. I always wanted to hold them and hug them but my parents were quite afraid that i'll have an asthma attack if i touch or play with one. They were very protective of me. But now. i have a dog. A curly one too right here beside me :) How cool is that.. hehehehe

I think a dog is what i would probably need to take me through this lifetime. I will always be glad to have Dom. A well treated dog is a constant companion.

Captured Smiles @ Dogathon

18 woofs:

yoon see said...

Yeah, I agree with you.
Dog is man best friend.
I also miss my dog so much.

emilayusof said...

I agree also.

Anonymous said...

Domy got "sepet" eyes when smilling!
How cool is tat!

Stormy..

booahboo said...

Man's best friend.. you are right YoonSee :) Maybe you can get another dog one day.

booahboo said...

I also agree Emi :D

booahboo said...

Err.. i got sepet eyes too when i smile and so does you.. How cool is tat! *LOL*

yoon see said...

I can't.
My brother don't allow.
No pet in house except fish.

yoon see said...

Thanks why I always go near my neighbour's dogs everyday....

booahboo said...

Too bad Yoonsee.. mebbe one day you will have a dog again :)

booahboo said...

If you like dogs... you can go to the Furry Friends Farm this Sunday.. its World Animal Day.. and you'll see lots of dogs.. and demo of Dr Dog too... if you go.. take Ken with you :)

Nessa said...

Morning Anny! :D

Wahh... dat was a lonng post but I enjoyed reading it :D You're a wonderful story writer Anny, maybe one day you can write a book about Dommy... hehe

Errr.. I oso have sepet eyes, too many mistook me for being a Chinese and talk to me in Chinese! LOL!

Spiffy said...

Urmmm, Nessa has a point, you could write a book la :D Maybe you could help me write one about Pebbles ... hehehe ...

But yes, I have to agree with you. I never in a million years know that I would get attached to Pebbles!

booahboo said...

hi Ness :) ya.. my posts is getting longer and longer.. i m being long-winded again.. *LOL* But i cannot be a story writer.. cos the ppl would sleep before they get to the end of the page.. hahaha
Your eyes kinda look big.. sepet ke? hehehhee.. sepet pon sepet le.. kan :)

booahboo said...

write a book ka? hhahaha.. write a blog i can la..

Its not even a year yet.. and you are totally so attached to her.. Pebbles. Am so glad she's back with you. Urrmmm.. any chance you'll pinjam her to me sehari dua ka?

Spiffy said...

Yes, yes, your posts are getting long winded like mine ... hahaha ... just kidding, they're always fun to read and you still trying to get Pebbles ah? Not giving up, huh? LOL!

booahboo said...

It must be windy to be long winded.. hehhehe.. OR.. age is catching up.. OR.. urmm.. lupa.

Pebbles? of coursh! i'll try and try till u send her to me :D

Nessa said...

Yalor, sepet pon still can see oso. Jangan jadi siput dah lerr... hehehe

Eh, you ponya choclate cake offer still available right? Maybe I'll take somewhere on the.. urmm... urmmm... Oct 16?? Can or not?? :D

Gudnite Anny.. sleep tight!! ZZZZZZZ...

booahboo said...

Sepet lagi bagus.. cos oriental look la :)

cake still available anytime u want.. no worries. Just confirm the date and i'll ask me fren to do it.
check your mail.

top