It all started there... 15 years ago. I met this tall geeky guy at Parkroyal for an interview. He showed me a few brochures and asked me.. do you know how to do this. I said yes. Next question he asked me was... do you want to leave your company and worked for me? Then i said... urmm.. no.. *LOL* He must be wondering why i am going for the interview if i do not want the job. Then i told him, maybe someday i will work for you. But not today.

Fate always play tricks on me. A old friend called and ask me to join him to work for a new ad agency they are setting up. I went.. COOL! When can i start? And don't you want to interview me? He said.. no need to interview you la. You are my friend. I asked him.. who's the boss? He said... Surpriseeeeeeeeee. I was scratching my head. He said he has interviewed you before... so he does not need to see you again. And so fate brought us back together... and i finally signed up to work for geeky man.

Working at the ad agency was like signing up for cancer. AE's were smoking above our heads while talking among themselves. We were in this small office which was literally a smoking pit. Another girl and i were at the computers choking every single working day till the AE's and bosses left for meetings. By then we were smoked filled from top to toe. But it was fun. I was only supposed to be there for 6 months for training. But i made some good friends there. We spend long hours working because the agency was small. But i did learn a lot there. And no.. i didn't learn smoking.

My journey continued to Brickfields after the training. Brickfields. Brickfields brings many happy happy memories for me.

to be continued... (dad is grumbling.. its late..)

15 woofs:

Anonymous said...

Brickfields means to me:

1. Banana Leaf rice heaped with lotsa goodies and deep fried chicken and fish in thick curry

2. The pet shop that had lotsa "pedigree" dogs

3. YMCA

4. Massage by blind masseuse

Stormy..

booahboo said...

ahhhh... banana leaf rice... pet shops... and great food... YMCA.. blind association... Kalamandapam, Fatima, Happyland, Fatty Fried Rice.. the 100 quarters :D don't forget the great coffee...

Spiff, The Spaceman said...

What about Peking Hotel? It's been there for as long as I can remember. I don't know if it still is in existence though.

You worked in an Ad Agency? Cool. Yeah, all those damn AE's smoked like crazy. I don't smoke, never have, never will and I used to work as an AE many moons ago and had to tolerate all the rest of those chimneys that I almost died!

Spiff, The Spaceman said...

And don't forget the Vivekananda Ashram, I used to teach there behind the building a long time ago.

booahboo said...

I wonder if Peking Hotel is still around too.. i went there 2 years ago to have banana leaf rice.. yummyyyyyyyyyy...didya eat there too?

its a small agency.. think they folded up too years back.. hahaha i had one AE who could smoke 4 ciggies one after another... i m usually amazed while choking and staring at her do it.. its a feat *lol*

booahboo said...

Vivekananda Ashram too.. though we never went in there before.. it looks very nice from the outside.. and the big big Buddhist temple.. and Sin Kee fried rice.. printers and loads of printers..

booahboo said...

what were u teaching in Brickfields Spiffy?

Nessa said...

Glad you didn't take up smoking. Smoking is bad for ya. And it smells horrid... uwekkk!

Merokok membahayakan kesihatan!

booahboo said...

naw.. i won't but once i nearly did.. peer pressure and lot of other stuffs :D

Spiff, The Spaceman said...

I used to help my Tae Kwon-Do instructor teach. We had classes there every Saturday and Sunday evening. It really was fun. After classes we'd head to the shops near KFC for drinks and dinner ...

booahboo said...

ahhhhhh... taekwando exponent jugo Spiffy :) woooooooooo.. takuts.. i almost forgot there was a KFC there :) now that u remind me...

booahboo said...

The banana leaf rice beside the sri kota is quite nice too.. beriyani rice i think.. and the vadai outside sri kota.. i used to buy too.. quite a long walk from my side :D

Spiff, The Spaceman said...

Oh, I think Brickfields made the best vadai's la :D

booahboo said...

aiya... now i crave for hot fried vadai.. aiyomaaaa

booahboo said...

aiya... now i crave for hot fried vadai.. aiyomaaaa

top