One of my many indulgence are buying books. Music being second... and chocolate cake last. In that peculiar order. Over the years i collected many books in different phases of my life. Some are my treasures... some are left behind. Some are given away after i am done with it. I am an impulsive book buyer :) But i don't really judge a book by its cover ;)

The one treasure i found last weekend was this. An Illustrated Life by Danny Gregory.

I kinda waited and waited for this book for a whole 3 months. hahahaha.. I went looking for it last December when it was launched. I went to many bookstores.. i couldn't find it. (it was just launched in December... silly me!) Finally its in my hands.. I smell it.. flip it endlessly... Lie on my bed browsing it over and over again. This book thrills me. Its been a while since a book thrills me so much! I browse at it.. smiling to myself.. like an idiot... or like a kid with a new toy. It is inspirational.

It is not any kind of book. It is a compilation of sketchbooks and illustrated journals from all sorts of people who love to doodle. People like Emila.

One of my favourite blogs... Mattias Adolfsson is featured in this book. A great artist. I visit his blog every single day without fail and enjoy his drawings. His blog is like an art gallery. A virtual one. And his drawings never fail to break a smile on my silly face. He is that good.

Great artists... people who draw from their heart. This book is definitely unpretentious. These journals are the playground of these great people.

The last time i doodle... was a long time ago. I used to doodle a lot when i was a kid. I doodle on the edges of my textbooks when i should be studying.. hehehe. Even on the wall behind doors. Tiny ones.. so mum will not find them. Ha! I even doodle on the office walls.. tiny ones.. some people see and add on to it :D Our office is not hoity-toity. My old office in another part of town... we used to doodle on this big blank wall... and stick all sort of stuffs on it too. It was not hoity-toity too. It was my playground and a fun environment to work.

I bought a moleskin a while back. Haven't even started on it... soon... soon it will be filled :D

11 woofs:

yoon see said...

I glad you have found this great book.
My blogger friend Teri C also been featured in this book. YOu can check out her blog thru my blogroll.
So now, I guess you must be continuing your doodle journey right Anny.
All the best!

Aki (kotakitam) said...

Nice book! May I know where can I get this book?

Bought myself a moleskin after I found out about it tru Emila. Until now, I haven't done any sketches yet! LOL!

Hope I'll start doing it soon... still undecided on what theme I want to go with... sigh**

emilayusof said...

woofie!!!! i want to get one also!!!!

emilayusof said...

faster start the moleskin!! i wann see some doodles or drawings in here!

emilayusof said...

wahahaha ini arahan, ok! lol!

booahboo said...

Hi Aki!

I bought it last weekend from kinokuniya.. the book is upstairs on the design section.. ada 20% some more.. hehheheheh cool!

i sayang nak guna my moleskin.. cos so very expensive.. hahhahaa.. hope to see ur moleskin doodles soon!

booahboo said...

its a neat book Emi! real neat!

booahboo said...

hehehe.. ye cikgu Emi! takutsssssssssssssssssssssssss... tapi.. i sayang nak guna the moleskin... so nice.. and clean... and smells nice... and and...

Aki (kotakitam) said...

My Moleskine cost me RM59.90. Kak Emila kata murah... I bought it at Borders, The Curves.

How much u bought urs?

Bila la nak start? hehe... i dah beli pun watercolor pencil ari tuh.. hmm... tgh carik mood je nak mula ni...

booahboo said...

i tink 79.00 kot.. dah lupe.. hehehe.. dah beli n simpan sampai kulat suda tumbuh.. hehehhee..

nak start soon.. we'll exchange peeks of our moleskins soon! karang i tengah nak buat HDR HDR.. dah kena demam bain

yoon see said...

OK. Waiting for your doodle post:)

top